What’s Three-Jaw Surgery?
Three-jaw surgery is a combination of two-jaw surgery and mouth protrusion correction surgery that corrects mouth protrusion and severe microgenia at the same time.
Premolars after the incisors are removed, frontal gum bone and teeth are moved backwards, correcting mouth protrusion. Then, with two-jaw surgery, three-jaw surgery corrects severe microgenia.
Mouth Protrusion Correction Surgery
(ASO, Anterior Segmental Osteotomy)
(sagittal split ramus osteotomy)
“Three-Jaw Surgery for Protruded Mouth and Severe Microgenia”
Three-Jaw Surgery operates two-jaw surgery and mouth protrusion correction surgery all at once
It might not be sufficient to correct mouth protrusion and microgenia with only mouth protrusion correction surgery or two jaw surgery. In order to have a balanced positioning of upper and lower jaws, three-jaw surgery is the answer.
Correction with mouth protrusion correction surgeryCorrects mouth protrusion by moving gum bones backwards, but worsens microgenia with even more backward positioned lower jaw
Correction with two-jaw surgery Only two-jaw surgery correction but unable to move lower jaw forward enough to correct microgenia because of mouth protrusion
Correction with three-jaw surgery Incises ulitis (gum bone) to correct protruding gum bone, moves lower jaw forward enough to correct microgenia, correcting both simultaneously
Three-Jaw Surgery，Benefits of id Hospital
1. Hospital with advanced technology and skills
Expert treatment based on two-jaw surgery technology + clinical experience
- Skilled doctors, including former medical school professors, perform the surgery
- Safe treatment based on more than 4,000 clinical cases experience
2. Hospital with cooperation systems for diagnosis
Plastic surgeon + orofacial surgeon + dentist
- Prior to surgery, the whole medical team plans the surgery through in-depth discussion
- After the surgery, medical team reviews surgical results and checks patient’s recovery
3. Specialized hospital for two-jaw and mouth protrusion surgery
Specialization on two-jaw and mouth protrusion surgeries with high expertise
- Proceeds the surgery based on patient’s condition
- Has leading technology and various clinical experience
Removal of stitches
About 2 weeks after