Reasons for Revision Orthognathic Surgery
Cases of receiving different surgery although patient needed double jaw surgery
- Patient needed double jaw surgery because of protruding chin or facial asymmetry but received facial contouring surgery without satisfying results
- Patient has a protruding chin or microgenia but received a mouth protrusion correction surgery without satisfying results
- Patient was diagnosed wrong or was afraid and received other surgery but not satisfied with the results
Side effects and unsatisfactory results even after two-jaw surgery
- Appearance and jaw function still has a problem after two-jaw surgery
- Pushed the lower jaw too far which made the sides of the nose and mouth collapse
- Nerve damage, muscle damage or other side effects have been caused during the surgery
Technically Difficult Two-Jaw Surgery Reoperation
Reasons why revision orthognathic surgery is difficult!
Incised Jaw Bones
Jaw bones have been already incised. It is difficult to make another incision for shape and symmetry.
Lack of Pinning Sites
After existing pins from past two-jaw surgery are removed, there is not much space for new fixing pins.
Twisted Anatomical Structure
Facial anatomy including the bones, nerves, muscles, and skin tissues are already transformed.
3 Key Points for Orthognathic Surgery Reconstruction
Jaw bone have been incised and structure has been transformed. It is important to precisely comprehend remaining bone and nerve structure, and run a precise simulation.
Find pinning sites & Reliable pinning technology
Bones were already pinned before. It is important to find right pinning sites to stop the bones returning to their previous sites.
Rich surgical experience
Double-jaw surgery reoperation is reconstruction of already transformed anatomical structure. Therefore, the surgeon should have anatomical knowledge and experience.
Importance of Choosing the Right Hospital for Your Last Two-Jaw Surgery
1. Hospital with cooperation systems for diagnosis
Plastic surgeon + orofacial surgeon + dentist
- Before the surgery, the whole medical team plans the surgery through in-depth discussion
- After the surgery, medical team reviews surgical results and checks patient’s recovery
2. Hospital with diverse experience
Two-jaw surgery technology + clinical experience
- Proceeds with the surgery based on patient’s condition
- Treats patients with the latest two-jaw surgery technology
3. Hospital with safe surgery
Precise diagnosis + 1:1 monitoring (anesthesia) + emergency system
- Comprehensive check-up system for precise diagnosis and runs emergency system
- Safe anesthesia through real-time monitoring, doctor’s regular rounds during patient’s recovery
Removal of stitches
About 2 weeks after
2 weeks~1 month