Hospital specialized in Orthognathic Surgery Increasing your confidence and finding your hidden beauty
ID’s technology does not allow for any errors, not even by 1mm. Facial bone specialists perform surgeries to improve appearance and resolve functional issues
No-tie Double jaw Surgery
Undetectable Double Jaw Surgery
Surgery-First Approach Surgery
Mouth Protrusion Three Jaw Surgery
Revision Orthognathic Surgery
How is Orthognathic Surgery done in Korea?
Highly experienced, facial bone specialists perform surgeries to improve appearance and resolve functional issues
- Step 1 : Desired surgical outcomes discussed in-depth during consultation
- Step 2 : Thorough examination with total of 50 types of tests are conducted
- Step 3 : Precise diagnosis and analysis through using X-ray and CT scan
- Step 4 : Surgical planning meeting of professional medical staff
- Step 5 : Proceed with safe surgery with an anesthesiologist
- Step 6 : Admission for post-operative recovery and health check
- Step 7 : After care services for faster healing process
- Step 8 : Check the progress and condition of the patient
- Are translation services available for foreigners?Yes, ID Hospital provides translation in your preferred language. A 1: 1 consultation translator will take care of you during consultation, surgery, check-up, and recovery, so that you can focus on your surgery without any inconvenience.
- Is it okay to have the No-tie Double jaw surgery?
ID Plastic Surgery Clinic is a specialized hospital for maxillofacial surgeries. It is a procedure that does not require intermaxillary fixation(IMF) after surgery. Usually the conventional two-jaw surgery required tying the upper and lower teeth together for 2-6 weeks, which is also known as the ‘intermaxillary fixation’. However, the ‘no-tie’ two-jaw surgery eliminates intermaxillary fixation and applies a ‘torque-free’ rigid internal fixation method to let the bones heal and agglutinate quickly.
- What is different about No-tie Double jaw surgery?No-tie Double jaw surgery is a procedure that removes the procedure called “intermaxillary fixation” which was performed after surgery in the traditional orthognatic surgeries. By eliminating the fixation of the upper and lower teeth, it is possible to open the mouth after the operation, and it is possible to have a more safe and comfortable recovery period by eliminating the inconvenience of not breathing well, no eating or talking.
- I heard that the No-tie Double jaw surgery is a dangerous surgery.It is known that the No-tie Double jaw surgery is a dangerous operation because of the reports of post-surgery side effects in some hospitals due to the lack of lack of clinical experience by those surgeons. However, ID Hospital is a specialized hospital for maxillofacial surgeries, and the surgeries are carried out by a highly experienced, board-certified medical staff, so it is very safe. In particular, hospitals equipped with a plastic surgery and dentistry coordination system can achieve functional and aesthetic satisfaction at the same time, rather than concentrating on a single aspect alone.
- How long is the recovery period after surgery? After surgery, you are admitted for 2-3 days. After the patient is discharged, you go to hospital once per week for 3-4 times. Two weeks post-surgery, stitches are removed, and you can resume your normal activities. The wafer is worn for one month after the surgery, and then post-orthodontic treatment can be done. You have to make sure to follow the post-surgery care, and things like smoking, alcohol and exercise cannot be done for at least 1 to 3 months post-surgery.
- What is the appropriate age to consider orthognathic surgery? Orthognathic surgery is recommended after the facial bones are fully mature, and will no longer grow anymore. If the bones are not yet fully grown at the time of surgery, and if the surgery is performed during this period, the jaw will deform later as the bones continue to grow. This may cause problems with the jaw function and teeth occlusion. Generally, for men, between ages 18-19, and for women between ages 17-18 years old, the facial bone growth stops. You can have a bone density test to determine if your bones have fully matured before considering surgery.
- Can I still have surgery if I have implants, crown, or veneers.Anyone who has implants, crown, veneers or cavities, can have surgery as this will not interfere with surgery at all.
- Do I have to undergo orthodontic treatment after a mouth protrusion surgery? Depending on the condition of your teeth, the surgeon will recommend the right orthodontic treatment for you. In addition, depending on the extent of the protrusion, if the gingival bone moves backwards and there is space left between the teeth, you can consider getting veneers only. However, if there is a lot of space between the teeth, or if you do not want to have veneers, then we recommend a post-orthodontic treatment.